If you are seeking information on the status of a particular group buy, please use ctrl+f to find what you need. If you don’t see the buy you’ve participated in, feel free to reach out any time and we will see where it’s at and add it.
- (2021-07-19) We have a clearer fulfillment date now that things are rolling in to our friends over at FruityKeebs. Things have been delayed and we are now expecting fulfillment to take place in September 2021.
Coding and Wave Deskmats
- Still in production as of 2021-07-04. Expected late July or early August 2021.
Geekark White on Black
- Shipment arrived. Fulfillment in progress as of July 12th.
- (2021-06-15) Known issue with possible damage to units during shipment. We will QC units upon arrival.
- (2021-06-25) Units have arrived to us.
- (2021-06-26) Working on QCing units for defects. Hang tight, the end is near!
- (2021-06-30) QC completed. Please see the note below for details:
As you may have heard on Reddit and other communities, some customers in other regions have received their units with noticeable flaws to the surface finish of the encoder such as dimpling, bumps, and scratches. Many units also had smudges that thankfully can be removed.
We received our units and have performed QC on each one to see how many units are affected. Unfortunately, we've found that a large number of units have visual defects- even when we narrowed down our quality standard to only consider the visible top piece, and considered the limitations of powdercoat finishes. Many units also had smudges that thankfully can be removed- we've tried to clean off each one but your unit may come with smudges still there.
We have reached out to the manufacturer regarding replacements and are awaiting them. There is no guarantee that replacements will be in better shape, but we hope that the manufacturer is aware of these problems and will provide us with better quality units. This should help us at least reduce the number of damaged units with dimples, scratches, bumps, and scratches that go out and will take a few weeks.
It's unfortunate that we are experiencing these issues, but it is a risk we face when we participate in a group buy. We will do our best to ensure that you receive the best unit possible.
Passed QC (black):
- The dimpling is debatable by our team but since it is not obviously visible from a distance, we decided to consider it a pass.
Passed QC (white):
Examples of a QC fail (white):
- (2021-07-12) Some BNR1 orders are being fulfilled from our batch that has passed QC. If you have not received notification on your BNR1, hang tight- the replacements are in progress and we will fulfill your order when they arrive.
- Still waiting on production to conclude as of 2021-07-04